Thursday, June 4, 2009

starting over

Noah is almost one (!), and I'm starting to get a decent amount of crafting-time in. I've been busy! I completed 3 quilts, a bunch of baby hats, a few pairs of pants... the list goes on. Now all I have to do to make those projects count is to blog about them!
Here we go:
Two matching quilts for two completely unrelated baby girls:

Pinwheels for my friend Grace's soon-to-arrive little girl, and...

...zig-zags for my friend Jamie's little Natalie.

I was inspired to pair my charm pack (Moda Wee Play) with the plain white fabric by a swap project at Chickpea Sewing Studio. I love how it makes the colors pop! The blue binding was binding tape I stumbled upon at the store one day. As far as I can tell, the only real advantage over making your own binding is that it fit all the way around the quilt in one piece. It wasn't cut out 100% straight and it wasn't ironed super-neatly either, so I ended up ironing it flat, then folding it and ironing it again. I was sort of annoyed about that, but it did turn out very nice, so I will probably consider using it in the future.
I think she approves. :)

1 comment:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My first time here - came from Just a Girl. Love your alphabet. I love the zigzag quilt - especially with the white!