Thursday, November 17, 2011

some knitting

I've been doing some knitting.

I saw this slouchy hat in the "First Fall" issue of knitty and knew I had to have/knit it. It was so much fun to work with the Noro yarn! The colors are beautiful, and the color transitions are just gorgeous. I accidentally altered the pattern a wee bit (how you do). I read "seed stitch rib" in the pattern and interpreted that to mean... what you see up there on the hat. It wasn't until much later that I saw the actual instructions in the pattern, and by then there was no way I was unraveling the whole hat just to fix a cosmetic issue.
When my hat was done, I had some yarn left over, so I made a stripey stocking cap for Noah.
He doesn't like it all that much. I'm not a huge fan of the shaping, and it is a little on the large side:
He's been playing with it, though, so perhaps he'll get used to it. Either way, I had fun making it.

2 comments:

Yara said...

I haven't finished my hat from last winter : (

I am working on another hat for my sister, though. I hear it gets cold in Canada

bethany actually said...

Yara hears it gets "cold" in Canada.

Ha. Hahahahaha. HAAAAA.